Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 283 - My first fried rice

This may come as a surprise because err I'm Asian, but I have never made fried rice before... until today!

I've always thought of fried rice as one of those dishes that requires way too much effort to cook due to all the chopping up, and is too cheap and easy just to buy from the shops. And as sad as this sounds, I've also secretly been intimidated by fried rice (of all things!) - supposedly anyone can make fried rice, but to make really good fried rice apparently involves more than just chucking a bunch of stuff into a wok, and actually requires some skill (gasp).

But I thought I should at least try to be a real Asian and give it a go, plus I had Michelle's home-grown snow peas I had to use up, so I made an 8-veggie (snow peas, mushrooms, green beans, corn, carrots, peas, zucchini and celery) fried rice with bacon (to balance out the veggies). It actually turned out surprisingly well!
Fried rice
I also prepared some sambal belacan to accompany it..
Sambal belacan
Because everything tastes even more awesome with sambal!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...