Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 229 - Lomo love

I got a roll of film developed today. Further to the reasons mentioned last time I got a roll developed in February (it took me 6 months to finish up a roll?!?), everytime I get my photos back I'm transported to near and far away places.

Such as to cute nearby brunch spots...
Hello deer
Crates on a wall
To the cool Chancery Lane in Bendigo... Wall art in Hobart
To the top of foggy Mt Wellington in Hobart, Tasmania...
Foggy Mt Wellington, Hobart
To Sydney's laneways and its serene Chinese garden...
Sky babies, Sydney
Chinese garden, Sydney
Chinese garden, Sydney
To the old streets of historical Georgetown, Penang...
Old wall, Georgetown, Penang
Kids on a bicycle, Georgetown, Penang
My pet dinosaur, Georgetown, Penang
And to places that I don't even remember!
Everyone loves music
The LC-A, with its poorly made manufacturing of cheap plastic inside and outside, contributing to light leaks, fuzziness and at times disgustingly out of focus candids... also produces unpredictable, random yet intense vignetting, insane contrast colours that I fall over and over, head over heels in love with.

One particularly blurry photo on this roll caught my eye. 2 fun facts about me:

1. Blurry photos usually annoy me, and
2. My eyesight is shit.

I have one good eye and one shit eye, together they give me shitty but not that shitty near-sighted eyesight. I struggle to make out text that's more than 1m away from me, I can't see faces unless they're about less than 2m's away, and I often make strange remarks, "hey why is there a black cat on the table? Can you bring cats here? Ohh it's a scarf...".

Through my eyes, the world is a hazy palette of soft, coloured blobs. This sounds really wanky, but I recognise things (and people) by associating shapes, forms and movement characteristics, and it's always been challenging when I try to explain why I can see when I can't see, and what I actually see.

Well, this is pretty much it:
The blurry world through my myopic eyes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...