- Wished Snowflake good morning.
- Swooned over the most amazing pork belly crackling at Cafe Gaia (which made me slightly delirious after).
- Felt weak in the knees over all the pastel pink prettiness at Target's hair accessories section.
- Found it extremely difficult to not buy EVERYTHING at Burch and Purchese. I am utterly in love with that place - there are so many delightful, yummy goodies to ooh and ahh over, just inhaling the air in there makes me giddy with sugary excitement!
- Learned how to properly swear in Chinese.
- Sighed at the sight of heart shaped spoons.
- Giggled when I stumbled upon Snowflake's twin on Tiny Owl Knits.
- Felt extremely lucky and grateful that Brett willingly (or so I think) accompanies me to watch sappy, girly flicks like The Vow without putting up a fight, and watches Grey's Anatomy regularly with me - so much that he paused the show and gave me a full recap when I asked, "Who's that guy? Is that their baby? Is this a continuation from the last episode?? Errr what happened in the last episode???" midway through Season 8 Episode 16.
Source: Tiny Owl Knits
I remembered something I read from Marc and Angel's blog not too long ago. When I first came across it, I thought it encapsulated exactly what motivated me to start this blog - to capture, document and remember the little joys:
Stop overlooking the beauty of small moments – Enjoy the little things, because one day you may look back and discover they were the big things. The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
Today, despite the stifling heat, was a day full of beautiful small moments.