Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 29 - Being back in Melbourne

I'm smiling as I'm typing up today's post from my room in Melbourne.

Wait, let me clarify - I'm smiling because I actually managed to get back to Melbourne as planned, despite all the hoo-haa this morning. 

In super-short summary:
  • I hadn't realised that my Resident Return Visa had expired while I was in Penang - eeps!
  • The airline wouldn't allow me to board without a valid visa.
  • With 10 minutes to go before take off from Penang -> KL, Canberra provided clearance and granted my entry. They provided an authorisation code to overwrite the system, allowing me to enter without a valid visa.
  • I rushed to board my flight.
  • Upon reaching KL, while trying to check in for my KL -> Melbourne flight, the system refused to accept the authorisation code Canberra provided.
  • Apparently the code was only valid to be used within 5 minutes. OMG. You cannot be serious.
  • The airlines had to seek for a new authorisation code from Canberra.
  • We waited, and waited, and waited.
  • 1 hour and 10 minutes later, still not a peep from Canberra. OMG. 
  • Then finally, after the airlines called Canberra directly, a new code was issued. Yippee! 
  • With 15 minutes to go before take off, I rushed again to board my flight. The gate was a fair distance away, in a different terminal.
  • I heard an airline officer chanting "run faster run faster" as I sprinted towards the gate.
  • And when I finally boarded (I wasn't the last passenger though....) the plane, sank in my seat huffing and puffing as I tried to catch my breath, I realised I had a smile on my face.

What a morning!

2 comments:

  1. You did it! U entered aussie as an illegal immigrant..hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...